Friday, March 22, 2013

Stammering Cure Successful Story - Must Read

This Story is from a stutteringforum.com user named 'd fluent guy'. I posted it here so you can read and it can be a help to you. ENJOY.

I started stuttering about 25 years ago(I was about 6 yrs old then) by mimicking someone who stutters.
I am naturally very social and intelligent always wanting to express my self but my stutter got so bad that I was always depressed due to the fact that my true personality was constantly being suppressed as I could not express myself without stuttering badly.I narrowly missed a first class in architecture and many other achievements due to this.

I tried all I could- from meditation,conscious breathing,use of technological gadgets,hypnosis,research and all others.When I realized I was probably going to live with a stutter for the rest of my life suicidal thoughts started crossing my mind (I was about 26 then).

I stuttered till I was thirty.The turning point for me was realizing my brain could not deliver what I do not feed into it(more like garbage in garbage out). Direct(stuttering in my brain) and indirect(I can't do thoughts) stammer thoughts were actually the culprits perpetuating my stutter and there was really nothing wrong with me.I also realized that stuttering is automatic and can be changed with conditioning.

What I did was to constantly and consciously think of my self talking slowly, loudly,clearly and confidently(without any iota of doubt) in my mind for some days.I completely shut down all avoidance tactics and stammer thoughts.I also stopped all facial contortions which came as I speak.
In reality, I deliberately started talking slowly and confidently emphasizing the first word in the sentence I speak.It worked like MAGIC as I could feel the difference and this encouraged me to go on.I also summarized my day by speaking to my self in the mirror for many days(more like facing my stutter). After some weeks, I was not struggling to speak fluently,the words naturally flowed and blocking was reduced to almost zero.THE FEAR DISAPPEARED.I even tried to deliberately stutter on words I earlier had problems with but the stutter was no where to be found.Now I feel totally in control of my speech and all the negative emotions are gone.I no longer avoid speaking situations.

I strongly believe if we forget all our worries and focus on that fluent part of us(everyone has this), our stutter will cease to be mountains but stepping stones to greatness.

I ENCOURAGE YOU TO JOIN stutteringforum.com WHERE YOU CAN ALSO RECEIVE HELP FOR YOUR STUTTERING CURE.

Leave your comment below if you like this post or if you have any question.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

boss i have the same problem,i also realised that my brain could not deliver the words

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this story. Countless of people are suffering from this speech problem and such materials really provide them with hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel, that they can overcome such problem. This post serves as helpful information for those with similar cases with the one mentioned here or even for those who are considering to consult a speech therapist Orange County for instance. Again, thank you for posting.

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing this useful information with us.It will really help a lot to peoples who stutter while speaking.
i am also trying natural therapy for this problem it is really very useful you can also try it
http://www.naturaltherapyforstuttering.com/